Wednesday, December 3, 2008

We're back!

We arrived back to Freddy Beach today and we're pooped. I have so many things to tell you about and I don't know where to start.

First off, congratulations to Michelle and Scott, who received, by private ceremony, their X-ring today at St. Fx U. As I type this, they are out for a celebratory supper with Donna and Terry. I hope you will see some pictures on Donna's blog tomorrow!.

Our trip to Panama was awesome. It was a great 2 week vacation. Cruising isn't as bad as I imagined it to be. I imagined, that I would have put on 15 pounds, and wouldn't fit into any of my clothes. We employed various strategies to deal with the excess of food, and by about day 4, we started to relax about it all. We had settled into a routine and felt more confident. I know you're saying to yourselves..."Oh, to have such problems".

The Panama Canal was amazing, and I've always wanted to go there ever since learning about this modern day wonder. I guess I would have learned about that in grade school. About 10 years ago, Mert and I started, to discuss going for a visit and some time early on, we said, we'll go for our 25th. We should have gone for our 16th, or 17th, or 20th. We shouldn't have waited. The whole cruise was exciting. On the first day of our cruise, our trip was interrupted slightly because we had to do a medical rescue to a small sailing vessel that had 3 crew, one of which was critically injured. They were in the middle of nowhere.... That was exciting. I'll post video that I took of this tomorrow and share some more detail.

Our post-cruise rest in Acapulco was nice and relaxing. The city is dense, and has more VW bug taxi's that we could have ever imagined. We didn't venture out too much. We mostly laid in deck chairs and played in an edgeless pool to keep cool. We never did a bit of exercise for those 3 days because it was too hot. But we ate light meals :) so hopefully that helped.

My poor sister lost her father-in-law late last week, and they went to Ottawa to be with family. This was all just before Michelle and Scott got their x-ring today. This is uncanny since when Dad died in May, it was just before Stephanie's Graduation.

No comments: