Friday, April 24, 2009

Manicures for everyone.

When doing your own manicures, you need lots of colors of polish. Do you think I have enough selection? I should tell you that I've been doing my own nails once a week for years. And for the past 2 years I've been stuck on using the same light pink color that was recommended by Prevention magazine - for 50 something girls. It's OPI's "Your Royal Shyness". It's a light pink color that is now discontinued.

Anyway, it's fun to have a good choice of colors for when we have a spa evening like we did on Friday night. I was the manicurist, and I did all three of the triplets nails. We all soaked our nails in a nice warm pan of sudsy water for 4 minutes. Then I filed down and rounded each of 30 little finger nails. Then while the girls were picking out their nail polish color, I buffed Mitchell's nails and they were very smooth and manly. Then I started the girls by applying the first base coat of polish followed by the first coat of color. The minute I put the first coat on, they developed itches everywhere... on their head, on their arm, on their nose. I would not let them scratch, that's for sure. Then, it was further agony when I made them keep their hands on the island for 5 whole minutes after the second coat of color was applied. They have to learn early. It's not easy being beautiful and sometimes you have to suffer. Ha Ha. We had a fun evening.

We picked out quilt patterns. Caitlin picked out a flying geese pattern that was set with dark green background with bright colored geese. Mitchell selected a blue quilt. It can be any block pattern, but he only wants blues. And Grace picked out an abstract quilt. I thought I was going to be able to use my stash, but for the most part, I'll have to buy new fabric.

2 comments:

antique quilter said...

cute picture, wonderful memories for the kids...ahh letting them pick their own quilt patterns great idea
can't wait to see them!
fabric shopping, FUN!!!!
will you take the kids with you?

Donna's chitchat said...

and soooo, when do I get to pick my new quilt. I mean, the kids already each have a quilt... so do I but geesh, if they get two each... what about me... waaaaa waaaaaa.....