Monday, April 27, 2009

Silk Ribbon 1, 2, 3

I hope good things come in three today. I have the first two already!!

First: My good friend LindaH sent me an email congratulating me on my blog win at Ribbonsmyth's Blog. See, I go to her blog from Linda's blog. Does that mean I have to share the prize!!! I didn't know that I had won until Linda told me. Wow, that's exciting. I had intended to do a bit of ribbon shopping at the Ribbonsmyth online website, but put it of, just in case I won the blog give-away. And now I won. That's the power of positive thinking isn't it. Many thanks Ribbonsmyth!!!

Second: In today's mail, I received my Silk Ribbon Bible, by Joan Gordon, that I ordered from Chapters books a couple of weeks ago . I'm so excited in just leafing through the book and now I need to plan some stitching right away. This reference book is 8 x 6.5" which is a great size for putting in my stitching basket. It also lies flat because of the coil binding. The book gives color photo as well as ribbon requirements for making the designs. The book is over an inch thick which means many, many designs. This book is exactly what I was looking for.

Third: Well, I'm still waiting for the third ribbon related thing. I expect it'll be a something fabulous that I have to buy when browsing the Ribbonsmyth store later this afternoon.

No comments: