Thursday, April 30, 2009

A dress for Emily!

Emily is in Grade 2 and will be making her First Holy Communion this Sunday in Moncton. I've been working on her beautiful white satin dress all week. I won't show you the dress yet, because I want Emily to see it first. On Sunday, I will take a nice picture of her at her First Communion and show you wearing the dress.

In this photo, I'm just hand stitching down the inside lining to the zipper so it will have a nice smooth look in the back.

Since the dress pattern is made to be roomy, this little couture sash will be perfect to adjust for a small little frame. It can be laced up in the back or the front. I'll let Emily decide.

Congratulations Emily. We'll see you in a couple of days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Even seeing this much it looks beautiful, Gail! I can only imagine the pleasure you had stitching this dress. Will check back on Sunday to see your pictures.
Karen