Saturday, April 18, 2009

Scraps for my Maritime Beauty

Next weekend, I'm taking Karen Neary's Maritime Beauty class. She has been invited by a local quilt guild to teach and they had a space left. I was so glad when they gave me the space.

So, I told myself, this project is going to be a true scrap quilt. See, about 7 or 8 years ago, at my quilt guild's fund raising auction, I purchased a bag of scraps (as if I didn't have enough of my own). I threw the plastic bag of scraps in the back of my closet and look at it from time to time. As you can imagine, the scraps are really dated but just the same, it's going to be my little challenge. So I took the bag of wrinkly scraps out and sorted them into the sizes as prescribed by Karen's List of fabrics needed for the workshop. Now they are all neatly pressed and ready to pack in my workshop bag.

2 comments:

Karen said...

That's a mighty big pile of scraps you've got stacked up there! Looking forward to seeing the Beauty you pull together from those "beastly" pieces!
Karen

bargello said...

All these great things that happened at FQG before my time... Looks like awesome fabric to work in to Karen's NYBeauty table center. Wish I were going too.
Kathy