Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Casserole carrier with bugs

I made this little round casserole carrier for a soon to be bride. It's a great summer theme since it has ladybugs all over it. It fits my older round Pyrex dish perfectly, so I'll have to go to the store to to see if I can find brand new pretty one for her in a similar size.
I needed a little embroidery fix today, so after spending an hour looking around at designs, I ended up with this sweet little single color ladybug. It is on the center inside. A surprise bug you might say.
I like this carrier design because you can flip it over and use it as a pot mat to protect your counter top from hot pots.
I think I'll include a couple recipes for a couple of my favorite casserole dishes that I like to take to a pot luck. Gramma's baked rice is a favorite. I'll have to put some thought into a couple of others.

3 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Terrific casserole carrier -- is that your own design? And the surprise bug is so lovely, with all her curliques.

Linda H said...

Gramma's Baked Rice sounds like a recipe I would like to try- how about sharing it with us all???

Linda G said...

I second Linda's comment about wanting to try Baked Rice. I would also like to see the casserole carrier. It looks sooooo much nicer than the newspaper or towel I usually use to keep mine warm