Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sewing little things.

The storm was bad, but not as bad as some others we had last month. Mert snowplowed out the yard early and the big plow went by early, so we were able to get out to the main road. We ventured to the hardware stores in search of new bathroom light fixtures. There were very few people in the stores. After visiting Home Depot, and Kent Building supply, we ended up getting something at good old Canadian Tire. So after we came home, Mert spent 3 hours doing cutting in and trim in one of the bathrooms. We should be ready to put up the fixtures tomorrow.

While he did that, I went and enjoyed a nice lunch with my friend Jane. We went to Panos, who feature greek food. Always a good quick lunch, but we stayed and stayed and chated. She had to get back to work for 2, or I think we'd still be there. I was going to go for a walk at the new Orena, but when I got there, the track was closed because of the grand opening preparations. Sew, I came home and finished a couple of little projects. I'll get back to quilting tomorrow..

I finished mp3 bags for some girls I work with. Julie, Ann and Lindsay. Lindsay's last name starts with L, and I couldn't resist using the double initial. Doesn't it look cute. I also saw on another quilters blog last night where she made coasters to go with her tea cozy. What a great idea, so I whipped up some to go with Julie's tea cozy.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow. It's a run day.

No comments: