Monday, May 10, 2010

Free Motion Challenge - Day 1

The very first thing I'd like to really feel comfortable with is do make larger wonky feathers. I have a spiral table runner that I would like to have ready for a show and tell at our final guild night of the year. That is Tuesday, May 18th.

As you can see, I've started on my practicing. I got lost on the right had side of the feather. I do like the idea of echoing, but I have to learn how to travel from one feather to the other.

Tomorrow I will work on a larger piece of fabric and practice the travelling. I also like to practice my quilt writing daily as well.

I would say by Thursday, I'll be comfortable to practice the wonky feathers on a larger full size scrappy table runner. If that comes out good, I'll do it on my spiral table runner over the weekend.

6 comments:

Mick said...

beautiful!

Donna's chitchat said...

so fun. I am getting a little excited to try all this stuff.

Joanne said...

Your quilting is fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the completed spiral table runner. I can see your machine quilting is going to be mastered very soon. Looks like the Juki has found a good home. Lucy

Joan said...

That feather looks georgeous...I dont think you got lost on the right side at all!! It looks wonderful :)

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Looks awesome! Wish this challenge was still going on. I have so much to learn!