Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm taking the Challenge

The Free Motion Challenge that is. Joanne at Threadhead and her buddy Wendy have invited you and I to do a free-motion challenge. There are things that I'd like to learn and practice with my free motion, so I'm taking the plunge and signing up for the challenge.

I plan to start on Monday. I'm digging out my Dianne Gaudynski book, reviewing it during commercials on TV. I'm making a list of free motion styles I'd like to do. Top of the list is McTavishing, and bigger wonky feathers with echos. I'd also like to practice with different threads.

I'm lining up practice pieces to do. In addition to making some plain fabric layered blocks, I started a free motion piece in January that has various sections for using different techniques and I didn't finish it. So, that will be one of the first things I practice on.

The challenge is to do free motion a little every day for 14 days by the end of the month.

So, are you up for the challenge?

4 comments:

MissesStitches said...

What a great idea, Gail! Good for you. Can't wait to see future posts of your free motion progress.

Joanne said...

Can't wait to see what you create! I am so glad you joined!! ♥

Kathy said...

Okay idea gal...I am doing it too. I signed up on Joanne's site for start tomorrow. We'll keep tabs on each other how 'bout?
Happy Mother's Day! Sarah is coming in a half hour to make/bring lunch as she is working tonight at The Palate. Yum to come. Kathy

Anonymous said...

I may have to do my version of the challenge (like at least 14 days by the end of the month - might not be continuous) I want to get in more practise and maybe this is the way. Will at least finish our origional challenge. Linda