Saturday, May 15, 2010

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

My friend Linda G. brought me some rhubarb from her garden last week when she was here for coffee.
.

It's taken me a few days to get around to it because I've had a toothache all week, but today, I made the most fabulous pie.
.

After rolling out the base pastry and laying it in the pie plate, I mixed a thawed bag of local strawberries that I froze last year; A big double handful of chopped rhubarb, 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup of flour and a dollop of butter. I gave it a quick mix and poured into the pie crust. Then topped with another pie crust.


.
Bake in the oven like you would an apple pie. 450 for 15 min, then turn down the oven to 350 for 45 min or until the pie is done..
.

I always, always put a piece of tin foil under the pie. Can you see why?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Mmmmm...I can almost taste it, and it tastes WONDERFUL!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Gail, I have rhubarb in my garden too and your post has inspired me to make a pie too. Your sooooooo soooooooooooo hummmy, How did it taste. Hugs Judy

cpm said...

I'm going to make this recipe this weekend!!! YUMMY! Between your blog, Donna's and Michelle's...I salivate reading all your entries!!! Good grief!!! I'm HUNGRY now!!!