Saturday, May 15, 2010

Free Motion Challenge - Day 3, 4 and 5

Day 3 - I completed my longer Feather practice piece. It took an hour and just about the time I got to the end, I thought to myself. I GOT IT! Not that it's perfect, but I feel self confident to do a real table runner. Thicker thread is good and no more thin thread for me... for now.



Day 4 & 5

I had a large scrappy table runner that needed to be quilted, so I took the opportunity to do meandering free motion feathers on it. I used dark thread, but it's very hard to see the quilting. I don't have very much left to do on this runner, so I'll finish it Saturday as I loosen up to do my good show and tell project.

Next week, I'm anxious to learn and practice the technique of McTavishing. I'm following behind some of the other gals who are on the Free Motion challenge. You can check out the others on the sidebar of Wendy's and Joanne's blogs.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous work, Gail - as always!

Linda said...

I love your wonky feather. Great job!!

Joanne said...

Beautiful, graceful feathers! ♥

MissesStitches said...

Great work, Gail! What kind of thread are you using?

Joan said...

I do love your feathers - great going. Sorry to be a while before getting to you...