With all the talk of fitness on the Wii last week at my sisters house, I thought again of how best to store my Weight Watcher books. In talking with my sister, the Moda Bake Shop's bookkeeper came to mind. When I came home, I got to work measuring the books and adjusting the pattern.
This is my version of the Bookkeeper, made especially to hold my Weight Watcher books.
I know that there are many quilters/sewers who are Weight Watchers, so for them, I'll let you know what I did to adjust this pattern to fit the books.
- The starting size of the batting is 18.5" x 11".
- Apply ten 1.5" strips instead of nine to the batting.
- Trim the batting to 18" x 10.5" instead of 17.5 x 9.5
- After 3 layers are together, stitch a line 5.5" up from the bottom instead of 6". This will be your fold line.
- You will need about 6 to 8 inches more of binding than the original bookkeeper pattern calls for.
Leave me a comment and let me know if this works for you.